1. The Constant Victim - This kind of individual will always finds a way to end up as a victim in their relationships.
2. One-Upmanship Expert – This person uses put downs, snide remarks and criticisms, to show that they’re superior, and know much more than you.
3. Powerful Dependents – They hide behind the mask of being weak and powerless – then use their helplessness to dominate relationships. That is, they send the subtle message “you must not let me down.”
4. Triangulators – This person tries to get other people on their side. They’re quick to put you down, and to say some nasty things. They separate good friends or drive a wedge in families.
5. The Blasters – They blast you with their anger or they blow up suddenly. That stops you asking questions - in case there’s a showdown.
6. The Projector – This person thinks they’re perfect and others have the flaws. They take no ownership – because they’re never, ever wrong.
7. The Deliberate Mis-Interpreter – They seem like a nice person – but they twist and use your words. They spread misinformation and misinterpret you. Thus, they deliberately present you in a false, negative way.
8. The Flirt – This person uses flirting to get their way in life. They want to be admired and to have an audience. However, your feelings and your needs are of no concern to them.
9. The Iron Fist – They use intimidation and throw their weight around, to use you for their ends, and to get their way in life.
10. The Multiple Offender – This person uses several of the techniques we’ve described – and they’ll often switch between them if it suits their purposes.
10 Types of Emotional Manipulators
- quoteskenzie reblogged this from staypozitive
- silenceee likes this
- minutestobreakdown reblogged this from evenherosneed-alaugh
- evenherosneed-alaugh reblogged this from staypozitive
- thoughtisurehad likes this
- imasupermuteant likes this
- fantastically-kimsongu929 likes this
- lillylover33 reblogged this from psych-quotes
- lillylover33 likes this
- justtuawesome reblogged this from psych-facts
- amoreprofoundtardis likes this
- archetypeofamercurialveneer reblogged this from psych-quotes
- jumpingforsanity reblogged this from staypozitive
- morphins reblogged this from all-american-rph
- taurusman likes this
- peoniesformee likes this
- forshoworforsoul likes this
- hearts-the-weakest-part likes this
- charmingclouds reblogged this from the-psychology-blog
- the-third-blue-eye reblogged this from paranoidchains
- temporalequinox likes this
- paranoidchains reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- theslickone likes this
- mynameisuhmm likes this
- channingtons likes this
- darikesh reblogged this from iloveeverythingwaytoomuch
- lovelycoffeebreaks reblogged this from triolla
- vannnity likes this
- lemonliima likes this
- hermitresources reblogged this from all-american-rph
- jomo24 reblogged this from psych-facts
- jomo24 likes this
- yourlovableasshole reblogged this from psych-facts
- lejoiedevivree likes this
- beeuhh likes this
- imjessicahyde likes this
- itsimanijanae reblogged this from staypozitive
- cassieofrp reblogged this from thathelper
- polaroid-monster reblogged this from distresssed
- blaqqstacks likes this
- fillmewithyoursunshine reblogged this from distresssed
- ec-lip-se likes this
- a-toaster-or-something reblogged this from distresssed
- thejazzman333 likes this
- distresssed reblogged this from psych-facts
- off2seethewizard likes this
- redheartswither reblogged this from psych-facts
- ataraxxxia likes this
- maagdalene reblogged this from staypozitive